Huge Update

On March 21, I tried out for a U15 basketball team at Commonwealth. Although it felt very short, the tryout went pretty well and I was going to find out if I made it the following Thursday, and I made it! Everyone on the team is super nice and always brings in positive energy. We have a good variety of players on our team, like very tall, and tough people. Since we have been having lots of practice and played our first game. We won 28-42!

Since we’ve been having practice and games often, it has been hard for me to find time to make videos for my Genius Hour. I have thought of the idea to stay after practice and film for this project and I have been, but they aren’t turning out to be full videos. I am also fasting and I am always tired and very thirsty after practice. I talked to my parents and they suggested to film my practices with my team for Genius Hour, but I feel like that’s really not the point of this project. Even though I am practicing my basketball skills, I feel like doing it with a team doesn’t count for Genius Hour.

Because of this, I have decided to completely switch my goal, before it’s too late, and do food. I will be continuing what I was doing for my first Genius Hour project. My goal for the first project was to mostly make traditional food from my country, Syria. This project will be continuing to do just that, but my goal will also be trying new things and maybe even trying things that I don’t like. Fun Fact: most of the things I say I don’t like I’ve actually never given a chance to try. Lately, I have really been wanting to try something new. I’m making my goal completely open and free to experiment, try new recipes of all sorts, and make things I have never done before but may have tried. By the end, I hope to have tried something new, try something that I may have thought I hated my whole life, and continue learning new things.

Even though I am no longer doing basketball for my Genius Hour, I still practice at least 3 times a week and often play against other teams. I hope to improve in basketball along with my new project, food-making.