My Final Assessment

I presented my Genius Hour project today and I’m very happy and proud to say that I think it went very well. My main goal for my presentation was to not bore the audience and from the feedback I’ve gotton from my classmates and friends I think I’ve succeeded in that. Many people said that they found my presentation quite entertaining and they especially liked the rating of countries’ national desserts. Prior to my presentation, I made sure to write a script with dot notes of the things I wanted to say, just incase I accidently fell off track. I also made sure to practice presenting to an invisible audience many times for me to be prepared. My slides were also mainly filled with images of my accomplishments and not with as much writing just so I wouldn’t lose the attention of my audience. I showed my learning, my fails, and talked about my expert. Overall, I think my presentation went very smoothly.

For this genius hour project, I think I did an excellent job. I found an expert that could help me after contacting lots of others, I made sure to update you guys regularly on my progress and changes, I reflected on my learning in every week’s blog post, I challenged myself, I showcased my accomplishments through taking many photos from all sorts of angles, and I definitely achieved my goal of learning new things, trying things I don’t like, and completing my challenge of rating five countries’ national desserts.

Ever since this project started, I have made meals and desserts for my family very often and I think that is and will be my role in the family from now on. But really, I’m not complaining. I actually really enjoyed trying out new food and I’m sure my family loved being the judges of my work. I am very proud of the progress I’ve made this Genius Hour and how far I have come. I hope to have more fun and tasty projects like this in the future!