Week 5 – Cinnamon Buns

This week I made cinnamon buns! I used Rabah Mohammad’s recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CXbW97YAfQ&t=274s As all her recipes are all trustworthy and very appetizing.

I mixed all the ingredients together to make the dough. Then, most importantly, I did LOTS of kneading. This is the key to soft dough leading to heavenly results.

After I have rolled out the dough and spread some soft butter on top. I then added the filling which consists of:

• Brown sugar
  • Cinnamon
  • Cocoa
  • Cornstarch

With sprinkle of chocolate chips.

Next, I rolled it all up.

I used string to perfectly cut the long bun into smaller rolls.

Into the oven they go!

I drizzled some Cinnamon Bun glaze on top, and these are the final results!

I suspected that these would take a fairly long time to make, but they took way longer than I had thought. I liked the simple and easy technique this was made in, especially the cutting with string! Kneading was a lot harder than I had considered it to be, but overall I think I did a great job with this recipe. I’d definitely give these a 10/10.

2 thoughts on “Week 5 – Cinnamon Buns

1. They were awesome! My grandma’s cinnamon bun recipe is a family tradition. She always spread the dough with butter before adding the cinnamon and brown sugar. I like raisins on mine, but my daughter disagrees!